Saturday, July 16, 2011

Meet the (wannabe) master chef

Hello everyone! Well, first of all please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kreigha. I am a nineteen, soon to be twenty year-old girl from a mid-sized town in Indiana. I am currently about to enter my Sophomore year in college and have recently become super excited and addicted to cooking!

This all started when one day I "StumbledUpon" (if you have never tried Stumble Upon, I highly recommend it to waste time) a blog by the name of What Megan's Making. http://www.whatmegansmaking.com/ I am positive I will make many references to her blog throughout my own, being that I try many of her recipes. Anyways, I came across her little collection of deliciousness and was immediately inspired to begin cooking! I recently have had two knee surgeries so this helped to push me to find new things to take up my time that weren't physically strenuous. Sure, cooking does involve a lot of movement, but I have altered it to be possible all from a stool located in the middle of my kitchen! (With some help from my wonderful mother of course!)

Cooking has become something fun and yummy for me to do, however we have the issue in my house of wanting to save money as well as calories. Therefore, I may make some posts where I discuss recipes and send links rather than make every single one I find that sounds awesome! Besides, if I did that I feel like I wouldn't be able to fit them all on one blog!:)

Food has always been something that is used to bring people together and to celebrate events. Once you think about it, many people can associate various foods to each holiday we celebrate. Without food, we have nothing to distract us and it ends up being a room full of family members and awkward moments!:) Just kidding! These special times are more about the people in our hearts and not just the food in our stomachs, but that doesn't stop us from looking forward to every bite!

So, I hope that this can be a place where you can find inspiration and ideas to put a little spice into your household, through the food we provide to our families or maybe that we just make one night as entertainment for ourselves. Whoever you're with or making this food for, may it bring a smile to your face, warmth to your heart, and happiness to your taste buds!:) Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment